* Place the included rubber trim on top of the hatch door
2) Install the included Trim Bottom
* Place the included rubber trim at the bottom of the hatch door
* you may need a mallet to press the trim into place, because of the metal ribs inside the rubber
3) Insert the bracket into opening
* Place the top bracket as shown (left side of door), wrap it around the hatch door lip, then slide it in the direction of the arrow.
* The hatch should stay closed during the process.
4) Move the bracket to the right
* Move the bracket until the position shown, while pulling to keep the bracket just around the metal lip
5) Hang the ladder on the 2 threaded bolts in 4) above
* Gently pull on the ladder while opening the hatch door until it is all the way up
* While holding the ladder, install the bottom bracket in the orientation shown in 6) below
6) Bottom bolts
* Tighten the bolts 1 and 2 first, then 3 and 4 -- with 5/32 Hex socket
* There is a locking washer under the bolt head, followed by a flat washer
* Make sure to hand tighten these first, then use a hand tool, not a power tool. With a misalignment you can cause stainless burrs to cause permanent bonding.
* Use of anti-seize is recommended (generally speaking for many products), however, if you ever had the graphite on your fingertips experience, you will think twice. If you do use it, dip the tip of the bolt slightly.